As an overseas-trained teacher coming to New Zealand to fill a teaching vacancy, you may be eligible for an overseas relocation grant (ORG) of up to $5000. Grants are distributed on a first in, first served basis, and teachers must already have commenced full-time employment in a state or state-integrated school to be eligible for the grant.
Am I eligible for an overseas relocation grant?
- You need to be registered and certificated by the Education Council of New Zealand
- You must not have taught in a NZ state or state-integrated school between 13 December 2016 and 12 December 2017
- You must have secured either fulltime, permanent or fixed-term employment for at least 12 months in a New Zealand state or state-integrated school
- You can only receive the grant once in a five year period
- The start date of your employment must be between 1 April 2018 and 30 June 2019
- You must apply for the grant within three months of starting employment in New Zealand
- You need to provide evidence of the costs associated with your relocation, and you will be reimbursed the actual and reasonable cost of relocating, up to a maximum of $5,000 (GST exclusive)
The grant will be paid in two instalments – 50% after 10 weeks and 50% after 30 weeks of teaching in New Zealand.
For more information:firstname.lastname@example.org 0800 165 225Lead Adviser - Teacher Supply on (04) 463 7015
You can apply by downloading the payment application form on the right side of this page.