Section A: Overall impact on student learning outcomes
This section provides an opportunity for you to describe how the various areas of your professional practice and knowledge contribute to positive student outcomes.
You will describe how your overall professional practice has led to positive social, cultural and academic outcomes for diverse (all) students, taking account of the following matters (which are separately further detailed in the Sections below).
- Professional practice (criterion 3a)
- Engagement (criterion 3b)
- Peer leadership (criterion 3c)
- Professional learning and development (criterion 3d).
Evidence should include:
- social, cultural and academic indicators and specifically reference impacts on priority learners
- a range of assessment tools and judgments to describe student progress and any achievement gains
- commentary and evidence sufficient to demonstrate impacts on positive outcomes for diverse (all) students.
Related criteria and evidence required in order of direct relevance to Section A.
ACET criterion 2:
Explicitly demonstrating positive outcomes for all learners, with specific information about meeting the needs of students identified as ‘priority learners’ in Government policy.
Evidence supporting your description of positive learning outcomes for all students in relation to the New Zealand Curriculum or Te Marautanga o Aotearoa or other relevant official curriculum documents.
Evidence should include:
- an overview of a selected area or areas of your planning, teaching practice and assessment judgments that show how you have (a) identified student needs, (b) designed and implemented a teaching programme to meet those needs, and (c) tracked and analysed student progress through a teaching-as inquiry cycle
- attestation and/or appraisal documentation and/or parental feedback and/or principal or teaching colleague feedback that supports this.
Evaluation by panel
- Panellists will examine the extent to which section A provides a coherent overview of professional practice that leads to positive outcomes for diverse (all) students, as evidenced in greater detail in Sections B, C, D and E of the Portfolio Form. On that basis an evaluation will be made as to whether there is sufficient evidence that criterion 2 has been met.
- A strong linking of ACET criteria 1 and 3a, 3b, 3c and 3d to criterion 2 should be apparent.
- Sufficient evidence and analysis should be provided to enable an independent educator to draw the same conclusions as those expressed by you.