Primary principals' and teachers' study award
The Primary Principals' and Teachers' Study Award provides paid leave to complete part-time or full-time study in an agreed educational priority area. You can apply to:
- complete a qualification
- improve an existing qualification
- study a new qualification in a new or different curriculum area
- undertake research
- undertake study that is relevant and adds value to education
- undertake study into effective school management and leadership.
Each year there are 75 full-time teacher equivalent (FTTE) study awards available to teachers and principals, in state or state-integrated schools, who are covered by the Primary Teachers' Collective Agreement (PTCA) or the Primary Principals' Collective Agreement (PPCA).
Applications for the 2020 Primary Principals' and Teachers' Study Award are now closed.
Am I eligible for a Primary Principals' and Teachers' Study Award?
If you wish to apply for a Primary Principals' and Teachers' Study Award, you must:
- hold a full and current practising certificate
- be a full-time or part-time teacher or principal employed in a state or state-integrated New Zealand primary school
- have the support of your principal and board of trustees or employer
- be employed under the PTCA, PPCA or applicable Individual Employment Agreement (IEA).
- have at least three years’ experience as a fully certificated teacher in New Zealand state or state-integrated schools
- have not received a TeachNZ study award or sabbatical in the last five years.
We're here to help. If you can't find the answer you're looking for in the application guidelines, get in touch with us by calling 0800 165 225 or email email@example.com