Applications for the 2019 TeachNZ scholarship programme have recently closed.
If you have recently applied for a 2019 scholarship, you will be notified of your outcome on 18/07/2019.
Information about the 2020 programme will be available here soon.
What is the TeachNZ Scholarship Programme?
TeachNZ scholarships can support your journey into teaching by covering the cost your course fees and by paying you an allowance.
The scholarship programme has three roles in contributing to equity and excellent outcomes:
- It helps enable equitable access to teaching by reducing/minimising significant barriers that some individuals in Aotearoa New Zealand have in entering initial teacher education.
- It addresses equity by supporting people from the communities who are underserved by the system, to enter the system through initial teacher education.
- It supports the system to deliver excellent outcomes by getting the right teachers in the right place at the right time. For example, scholarship criteria is weighted to address areas that are experiencing teacher supply pressure such as:
- specific subjects e.g. Science, Technology, Maths, Te Reo Māori
- specific sectors e.g. ECE, Primary, Secondary, Māori Medium
- specific regions or settings e.g. Auckland, Southland, Gisborne/East Coast, rural and isolated schools.
Remember, we're here to help. If you have any questions, you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call us during business hours on 0800 165 225.
You can also learn more about scholarships and other opportunities for funding by visiting our Scholarships: Frequently Asked Questions page.